How can I create systems like this?

I want to create an OTS gun system for my game. I really like how it’s done in Weaponry but I don’t get how it can be done. Yeah sure raycasting guns but i wouldn’t know how to add an OOP system, a dynamic crosshair, or different crosshairs for different weapons. Does anybody have any advice?

1 Like

Use modules for most of this! Every gun should have a module for configurations, and for the OOP part, unless it’s necessary for performance, don’t sweat it. If need be, you can look around the DevForum for advice on where to use them!

Dynamic crosshairs use lots of lerping to function correctly, I advise researching lerping or rather a dynamic crosshair itself.

Hope this helped.

2 Likes

thank you, i already have a dynamic crosshair module (btw instead of a config module, I’m using attributes is that worse or better?)

1 Like

For me I used to use attributes but I switched to module scripts because attributes are just hard to use and modules are more easier to access then instance properties. (I would rather prefer modules)

2 Likes

Thank you man. I kind of have already been working on my shooting system with Attributes and I don’t know if it’d be too late to change

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.