How can I download a place icon?

I want to download my game’s icon in high resolution as I have lost the original file and would like to save the current icon as a backup before I change it up.
While I am able to save the image by right clicking it on the configure place page, this results in a low resolution image of 150x150 pixels. I originally uploaded an image with much better quality and would like to know if I can access this. I fear Roblox might only store a low res version of the icon but I haven’t been able to find anything on the dev forum and would really like to recover this image. Thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m not positive if there is a way, but you could use an AI image upscaler. I googled for one and found “iLoveIMG” as a free option for 4x scaling.

Here’s a before, and after, of an icon I just tried it on.

Png

It’s not…perfect but perhaps it’s enough that you could salvage the situation.

2 Likes

You could try these steps:

1. Right click your icon and click “Open Image in New Tab.”

1. Next, you can see a weird looking tr.rbxcdn.com link. Do not worry, this is an official Roblox image page.

1. Change these 2 numbers from 100 to 600. Those are your image pixels. You could probably do the same with thumbnails.

There you have it, a 600x600 icon.

5 Likes

Following the idea of an AI image upscaler, you could also use something like Upscayl, which is a free and open source cross-platform software that is probably better to upscale images than most online image upscaler websites, but you will need a Vulkan compatible GPU, which most modern GPUs are.

1 Like