How can I evenly place the chairs around each circle?

Hello I’m creating a rally place for a Presidential Candidate within a USA RP Group. I chose to go with a circular design, however the design has proven challenging in many ways.
Picture:

I’d like to know how I can evenly place the chairs around the circles (rows)
Is there a plugin I can use?

2 Likes

First off, I really like the idea of having a circular/oval shaped ‘arena’ for this theme. I would try going under the model tab and setting the rotate degrees value to something that would correspond with this.

As you can see there are a bunch of straight like segments that have small corners that make up the circle. Geometrically, this circle should be 360 degrees. Take the number of little segments you have and put it under 360. Lets just say you had 30 segments. Then you would do 360/30, and your product would be 12 degrees. You can then put this number into the rotate/degrees area under the model tab. Then you should be able to duplicate that segment of chairs and rotate it by X (your product) degrees.

This may be a little more difficult for an oval shape, but being a programmer I’m sure you can figure out an equation.

I hope this helped!

1 Like

Oh yes, I know the perfect-ish plugin for making perfect circles like that.
I use this plugin a lot, called qCmdUtl. With that plugin you can use rotate pivot option to make nice circles

To use, first select the rotate pivot option, then select the Red Part (which would be placed in the middle of your circle area as seen below, can be anything really) , then you would select the model you want to move around your circle. Once selected press CTRL + D and then rotate, by whatever degrees.

8 Likes

If its a perfect circle then this is my approach because I use it a lot in my own designs,

1. Create a bar that is the width of the chair, and the length of the circle diameter. If you want extra space between the chairs then give more to the width.
  2. Calculate your rotation angle by atan(width/length) and set this in the roblox rotation settings.
  3. Duplicate and turn several parts until the circle is complete
  4. And you can either place the chairs individually on each segment, or you can resize the segments (towards one end) to fit the chairs width and use a script to clone a chair using a for-loop to every segment’s x and z position

A plugin would be much simpler, this is just a similar process thats behind the scenes of a plugin.

1 Like

Thank you, that worked perfectly. A little bit off, but imperfections give it more character.

2 Likes

Though this has been solved there’s also the Archimedes plugin:

You can do half of it with that and then use reflect to get the other side:

1 Like

Are you using Roblox cylinders? If you are, they are 24-sided. This means that when you do place chairs, you’ll have a short distance, then an angle change. You’ll want to try to space the chairs such that they’re relatively even within a line, and then rotate them by 15 degrees using the central floor as your pivot point. With extensions like qCmdUtl you can select a part you want to use as a rotator last to allow you to rotate around a specific point in world space.
As best as I can tell from the image you have posted, you’ll be getting about ~4 chairs per edge, and you’ll just need to adjust the spacing as a result.

1 Like