How can I figure out which script is causing "Teleport fail"

Is there a way I can see which script is causing this so I can delete it?
Here’s what’s happening:

Thanks in advanced! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Look in the studio output window and it should tell you the source of it. If it doesn’t let you view it, its probably a malicious plugin.

1 Like

I see it in the dev console when in game but when testing in studio it doesn’t even attempt to try because I’m in studio so it doesn’t error.

1 Like

In studio, press this key combination:
CTRL + SHIFT + F and type in TeleportService. Search through any results and delete it there.

1 Like

says 0 matching lines, 0 matching scripts, Total scripts searched 410

1 Like

Try different keywords. Teleport, etc.

I don’t really know what could be causing a teleport error. Could it be that a backdoor is requiring a module that has a teleport? I would try searching require.

1 Like

Try disabling some plugins and then try to playtest.

3 Likes

Look for obfuscated code, most obfuscated code starts with. return function

2 Likes

It says there’s no code found with those words.

1 Like

Didn’t work, I installed a virus finder plugin and it didn’t find anything.

1 Like

That didn’t work either. I wonder if its a Roblox bug?

1 Like

Not a Roblox bug. Search for ‘require’, ‘setfenv’, and ‘getfenv’ separately. You will get a match for one of those.

2 Likes

These teleport failed message can be caused by some virus.
You can install anti-virus plugin and remove it.

1 Like

Of course, a lot of anti virus plugins are viruses. The best policy is to just be careful.

1 Like

Try looking into TestService. Most viruses that I have come along rooted there

1 Like

maybe the game is just restricted, who knows. you get the same message when you join someone that is in a private server

could be obfuscated, search for ‘getfenv’, make sure to enable show all objects in studio settings

Oh, my! I was very annoyed when I was testing my game and kept seeing the message, so I thought I’d try all of everyone’s suggestions. And I did, and I found A LOT of viruses. In all, 400 of my scripts was a virus. “GetFenv()’\114\101\113\117\105\114\101’" at least a million of them. So I deleted them all (not by manually) and to my surprise it still showed the message.