How can I fix glitched material mapping on meshes? Why does it happen?

The way Roblox renders their materials just doesn’t make sense to me, I understand when it occurs for extraneous faces or unclean UVs, but there’s seemingly nothing wrong with this model, and yet the way the materials map on it is… Unsavory, to say the least.

The UVs are basic and clean in blender.

Usually, I just slice the face or slightly move the vertices to fix problems such as these, but this roof is so basic that it’d feel like a waste to ruin its simplicity. Does anybody have ideas or tips?

EDIT: I at least fixed the strange triangular cut just now after playing with the vertices slightly, but I’d still like to know why this sort of issue occurs with materials on roblox since it’s tedious to constantly re-import the same mesh just to view its material mapping on the roblox engine.

that is a good question… Im not sure why but let’s see if we can figure it out…

is there anything (UVmap, Normals, etc.) that would make this part different from the others?

1 Like

Other than the fact that it’s at an angle in relation to the universal axis, no. Each side is exactly the same. What’s even odder is the fact that the side directly across from it is perfectly fine (other than the texture being rotated 90 degrees, but i mean that it has no glitched faces), so it can’t just be that angle deviation.

1 Like