How Can I GET a Players Data When the Player is Outside the Game (WITHOUT using ordered data store)

So I thought of making this grave game where a player can purchase a grave and leave a message on it, then this grave can stay in the game after the players leaves, as well as load in when a new server is created. So basically the graves stay in the game forever.

I’ve made a similar prototype of this, except with balls in a ball pit, its called ‘Claim A Ball’ in My Profile:

This is basically a game where you can claim a ball for free, and have your name attached to that ball forever, even when you leave the game. This was made using ordered Data store, where an index (corresponding to the balls index) is saved with the player’s key.

The problem with ordered Data stores is that it can only store a number value and not several types of data such as in tables!

This is an issue for me because as stated previously, I’m looking to make a feature where a player can input a message, this message will need to be saved as well in the data store.

So I looked into this topic for a bit and realized I most likely needed and external database for that to work, using http service to access that data. So I’m making this post to ask what is the best and efficient way to do that, what is a good and free external data store service for this type of necessity, is there another way to save a table of values while a player leaves the game other than an external data base? I’ve seen someone use google spread sheets before but then heard it was also very inefficient as well as google most likely not allowing people to do that anymore, so what do you guys think?

4 Likes

Why not using normal DataStore? 30kchars

2 Likes

You’re going to make a whole database, so why not instead make a seperate data store?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.