How can I get started with data saving

How can I get started with data saving on ROBLOX.

What are the basics?
What is the best type of data save?

To answer your first question: read up

as for the second question, there isn’t really a best type of data save (unless you mean when you save it). Personally, I think the best way may be to store a table with all of the stats. (i.e. {coins, xp, lvl, dmg} would be saved).

This is just my personal preference.

If you just want a easy time with data storing, and not want to go through the hassle of writing a DataStore script on your own, then I would suggest using DataStore2. DataStore2 is module, that takes everything into account. (Loading & Saving data, even when the server crashes or something else weird happens) How to use DataStore2 - Data Store caching and data loss prevention

Though DataStore2 is a good resource, I think it is better to start out without using a fancy module like that, so that you can learn how to use bare-bones DataStoreService without having the module do everything for you. After you learn about DataStoreService, there is no problem using DataStore2 OR ProfileService.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.