How can I get the default r15 roblox run animation in the animation editor

Hey so I pretty much like the default r15 walk animation but I want to add some tweaks to it but I am not sure how I can get that animation inside of the animation editor. How should I go about doing that?

1 Like

I assume you mean the default Rthro Run (and walk) animation? The easiest way I know to do this is just to get the BTRoblox plugin and download the animation off its library/catalog page but just because I care so much about you, I have attached the Rthro Run animation file to this post so once you download it just drag it into studio then put in the anim saves under whatever rig you’re using. The rig has to be r15 but I’m sure you knew that already!

Rthro Run:
10921261968.rbxm (14.0 KB)

Rthro Walk:
10921269718.rbxm (14.1 KB)

I hope this is what you were looking for and whatever you’re doing comes out great!

Edit: Just realized you said Walk animation, so I have attached that too under the run animation download file

Edit 2: Put the right file and fixed the link (MB was doing schoolwork and typing that all out at the same time earlier)

EDIT 3: IMPORTANT STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS

It has come to my attention that this response that I wrote in the past is not that good of an explanation for a somewhat common issue many developers may face so I have took it upon myself to create a shot step-by-step guide on how to do this and what you will need to do it! Feel free to repost/link this guide if needed for another thread!

How to download, save, and change any ROBLOX-made animation:

What you will need: Roblox Studio, Animation Editor, Rig, BTRoblox (Chrome and Microsoft Edge extensions), and obviously a computer.

Step 1: Find the animation you want to save on the catalog (in my example, I will be using the Cartoony Animation Pack) and press the download arrow that is now visible with the BTRoblox extension.

Step 2: Open ROBLOX Studio and insert a rig under the AVATAR tab…

Step 3: Once you have inserted a rig, open the animation editor (I use the one under the AVATAR tab) and move any limb and save it as whatever you want (untitled animation is what it’ll be named by default). This is to simply create something named “AnimSaves” under your rig in Explorer (important later).

Step 4: Insert your previously downloaded animation that you took from the catalog and locate it in Explorer. It should show up as a folder with a string value and then an animation inside the string value. You need to click on the animation, locate the animation ID inside its properties, and copy it.

Step 5: Once you have the ID copied, minimize Studio, open up your browser again, and type the following link, then put your ID at the end of the link: “roblox.com/library/YOURIDHERE” and press enter. This should take you to a library page where you can again download the animation the same way we did in Step 1.

Step 6: Insert the downloaded animation into Roblox Studio again. If you just want it for yourself, then RIGHT-CLICK once it is in studio and save to ROBLOX like normal, but if you are looking to edit the animation, then drag it into your rig and then again into the “AnimSaves” model that we created earlier with the animation editor.

Step 7: Open your animation editor and change however you want. I assume if you are an animator, you already know how to save an animation, so I will not go over that part.

And that is all! In a little over 5 steps, you can save and change a Roblox-made animation! This should work for all animations (run, walk, jump, etc.), but if it doesn’t, then feel free to shoot me a message, and I will do my best to help however I can!

3 Likes

Thank you so much for this! I will try this out tomorrow and let you know how it goes! If it works I will mark you as solution.

1 Like

Hey I could not find the plugin you used. The animation I was referring to is called the Mocap Walk Animation. This is the link to it:

2 Likes

Sorry, I shouldn’t have called it a plugin as it is a chrome/edge extension, but I have still attached the rbxm file for the animation which means if you download and put that in studio you will have the same animation just named differently (idk why its named weird) which then can be edited if you put it in a dummies animsaves and open your animation editor

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.