How can I get these images accepted?

Hey all!

Ted here. Anyone know what is up with ROBLOX and giving warnings? I am creating inventory icons for a game for the group, The Roman Empire, and I’m trying to create inventory icons, but a lot of them I get warnings for them.

Here’s a picture of the things I uploaded but after I first uploaded them I got warned on ROBLOX. Are these considered inappropriate, or is anyone else having problems with uploading decals to ROBLOX and getting warnings for them?

Thanks for reading.

TheGreatAIexander
Ted#3573

I’m guessing the characters in the images, which appear to be naked, would be your main problem. You can submit a moderation review request if you believe that anything was unreasonably moderated.

6 Likes

Hey RBZs,

I guess you might be right. although check this out. I uploaded clothing for girls as well but they seem to have gotten moderated too!

And I can’t upload the ones that got deleted because it just won’t allow me. For some of the other ones that weren’t deleted it took awhile to upload them.

1 Like

You have to change a pixel and reupload it to get a moderator to look at it. Exact pixel-perfect matches to declined assets will be declined again by the system for technical and moderation-time-saving reasons.

You can contact appeals@roblox.com to appeal moderated assets. We have a category on the Developer Forum too for this as @RBZs points out, but you can’t post there because you have the New Member rank, so you have to go via email for it.

5 Likes

Hey build,

Alright, I see. Thanks for the help man.

1 Like

Follow what @buildthomas said :joy:

I would also like to note that warnings don’t really mean anything and you shouldn’t get worked up over it. They don’t affect your standings with devex or anything and only take a few seconds to get your account activated again.

2 Likes

Are you not able to get banned for getting so many warnings though?

Honestly not sure. I think it depends on what the warnings are for. I think they skip the warnings on more serious stuff and go straight to bans.

I’ve never heard of anyone getting banned for having too many warnings.

Alright, thanks.

They’ll just say

“Seems like a mistake, change 1 Pixel and Re-Upload”

So don’t bother wasting your time to Email them…

1 Like

Yea. Not to mention their responses for emails do take awhile, so I’ll just change one pixel and then I should be good, hopefully.

2 Likes

I get warnings a lot for “Small Text”

I typically just change a pixel and move on. Or if I have blank space that doesn’t matter I draw a line or something. It depends on what you’re being warned for though. Next time you get a proper warning (the one that looks like a ban message) check what the reason is. Small text is not a bannable offense. So I get them all the time, but no ban. If they believe your characters are nude, that could definitely be grounds to be banned.

If I get banned for something like the fact that the characters are “nude,” would this remove me from DevForum?

The real thing you need to worry about is making it obvious they aren’t nude. If people here and some mods think they look that way, your players probably will too, and I promise you, you don’t want to deal with that.

Instead of making the bodies all tan, change the leg colors or something. It will look so much better.

Yea you’re right, I could try changing the colors of the limbs up to make it so that they’re not nude.

Man I feel pretty embarrassed about this, Haha. :sweat_smile:

:upside_down_face: Everyone has their moments.

1 Like

I recommend him to use the noob colors because it’s the best color scheme ever created. Or otherwise you can also paint them white/grey so the message of “nudity” is not sent.

2 Likes

I honestly don’t think they look Nude. Not even close. I’m just assuming the worst possible idea that could come up. It seems the airing on the side of caution means being a mile into caution.

1 Like

Exactly, but I don’t think this is being too cautious at all. If he continues to use characters that appear nude, even though they actually aren’t, and some moderator sees them on his game and thinks they are, it’s game over. He could lose everything, especially since Roblox really cracks down on that stuff. I mean, they don’t even let you color your whole body tan in the avatar editor anymore.

I would just play it safe.

Or fight back against the unjust punishments and fix the poorly done system?

The best way to make the moderation better is to point out the problems we continuously have.