How can I implement a server sided custom chat tag system?

Hello! I am new to the Roblox Dev Forum and am currently trying to create a server-sided custom chat tag system with color, font and size if it is possible. However, I have been unable to find a working solution, as most online resources reference the deprecated TextChatService. The new documentation only provides a client-sided solution which might be prone to exploits. Is it possible to implement a server-sided custom chat tag system using a server-sided script?

1 Like

The new documentation can be found here if you need it: In-Experience Text Chat | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub
Old Documentation: Server-Side Chat Modules | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub

The Callback needed to handle the tags can only be used on the Client, so It isnt really possible to do this, and it doesnt really make sense to secure something that doesnt replicate to the Server, or any Players as a matter of fact, that wont effect the game.

1 Like

Thanks for the information, I have decided to use the new documentation to implement a Client Sided Chat Tag System rather than a Server Sided Chat Tag System, have a great day!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.