How can I improve my building effectively?

What? How are using plugins being lazy? I dare you to make a forest in 2 minutes without a plugin.

1 Like

With having some trees already created, using scripting its very easy to make infinite forests. If you already have ur own scripting systems for those kind of tasks, takes even less than 2 minutes, and with custom properties that a plugin doesnt have.

Means, learning to model, and learning to script. But lazy ppl prefers the plugin.
I insist, why the rush? Why u need a forest in 2 minutes? For a game? A developer should be able to make a forest by himself, what if the plugin doesnt exist? the real developer can still make the forest and the “pluginer” cannot.
Depends, theres ppl who wants to work in development/design in the future, and ppl who just wanna play. Thats all. If someone is really interested in learning, I insist, dont use plugins.

A second more creative and advanced approach. Without even having the tree models. Create a Part, and weld randomly branches and place randomly leafs by scripts, with ranges for its angles. Now all trees are different and infinite, totally customizable

1 Like

I defiantly understand where you’re coming from, but I use plugins and I’m learning how to build perfectly fine.

I think one of quickest yet the best thing you can do is learn keybinds. Learn keybinds in Studio, these can include Move, Rotate, Select, and Scale. And you can learn other ones, like the more obvious Copy, Paste, and Duplicate. They help you build efficiently at a good pace. Prevents you from stopping your work to change your tool, or trying to group things.

Thanks for the reply, although, I think I already know all of the keybinds.

This is a great and detailed reply, although, I don’t agree with what you said about the plugins earlier. Plugins are a great tool in roblox studio made by other users on roblox. I agree with what you said about they can be viruses/harmful scripts contained within the plugins. That’s why I always: check the comments to see what they say, make sure it’s made by the correct person to avoid malicious copies and I always make sure it is a well known plugin before I head to an unknown plugin that may contain harmful scripts.

I disagree, there are many different things you can do with plugins that you can’t do without, Well, you can but it does the exact same thing just double the speed. It’s easy to avoid harmful copies of plugins, you just need to be cautious and careful, check the comments of the plugin! See what others say, if they say it contains viruses, avoid it. Check the creator, they can be new and obviously containing viruses within their plugin. Check the creator’s join date, if they are new to roblox, it’s quite likely they’re just here to prevent getting banned on their main account for containing harmful plugins within their account. Any other things are common sense e.g. if someone says it has a virus, don’t install it.

Anyway, I appreciate your interest and detailed reply within my post.
Have a great day
Goodbye! :wave:

Exactly my friend! I think, we all are free to use any approach that fits for us. It’s always a way to learn more and become better.
My road, is being able to replicate any plugin by myself, I dont need them. For me, using a plugin its the easy way, my motto is “If you can’t script it, you don’t deserve it”
Works for me, cause that pushes me to learn more, not depending on the hard work of others.
Have a great day too! see ya :3

Plugins are used to make something that is time consuming or difficult, easy and quick. They are not a sign of a lazy person but and efficient person.

You’re smart and you know where you’re coming from, I agree with this, it’s what suits us best and not relying on others. Although sometimes relying on others can help e.g. If you don’t know how to make something that a certain plugin does, this is where you should try observe it and in your own needs, replicate it. Doing this will expand your building knowledge and you can possibly make something not many other people know how to make without a plugin because you spent time observing and replicating something that you struggled on.
I found this a very enjoyable “Building talk” between us, you’ve taught me a lot and how you approach when going to build. I believe it’s good to know how others do things so you can learn off of them.
Have an outstanding rest of your week and I hope you and your building go on a long enjoyable journey together hitting obstacles and overcoming them with dedication and hard work.
That was a great talk,
Goodbye!!!
:wave:

1 Like

I’m in the same boat as you, my friend.

I’m not sure you have this problem but, Studio tends to be slightly complicated for me, so to make it more simplistic I downloaded a plugin called F3X tools. It’s like putting almost all of the studio’s features into one selection box, it made everything more digestible for me. (and faster)

Later on, after using it for at least a year, I branched out of it and began using regular studio functions just fine. F3X is great for beginning builders, since it lays out lots of things for you.

Some other plugins I suggest, are ResizeAlign, and 3D Text. :slight_smile:

Great, got all of them! :joy:, thanks for replying though, I do use F3X and I find it useful. I know all the studio functions I just prefer using F3X.