How can I improve my low-poly buildings?

Hello, I’m looking to improve these buildings I made for my project

I am open to any constructive criticism.

3 Likes

Looks great! Here are some constructive criticism:

Looks a bit simple, try adding some more decorations to the build.

The colors look a bit bland. I’m not sure if its because of the shadow or the lighting. But if you look at other low poly builds the colors are much Brighter Bolder.

Thats all from me!

Heres some honest opinions/constructive criticism

I think they look pretty good if they weren’t low poly. It feel like they should be more thick for the window frames and signs. Not sure if you have added them but round out the edges. All the materials should be mostly smooth plastic which is what yours looked like but would also have the grass smooth plastic. You also got the color correct which looks like how low poly builds should be. I would also just add a couple bricks that are slightly darker than the building to the building to add more detail to it.

You could improve by adding other variety of shapes the (rectangle shape) is quite simplistic and repetitive, experiment with vibrant colors and adding outlines to certain objects ect “ windows - door - roof.

Try adding a few more props to your buildings such as outside signs, plants, benches, etc. You can give your map more details such as adding a few more important details in the background or something to fill in those empty corners cartoony builds tend to have brighter colors as it would look nice with the overall design of it because it looks rather dull experiment with brighter colors and use of lighting.

I’ll play around with other property settings in there to get the theme your trying to achieve. Using a image to get the full design could help getting a perfect shape and overall layout. Regarding, it’s good i would encourage you to put more effort into your buildings.

1 Like

try adding a triangular roof to the blue building and see if you like it, but its good so far