How can I improve my work?

I believe my work is reasonable priced, but I don’t get many commissions. What could I do to improve my work?
Ro-Flix

STAR WARS

ROLTA

(Store UI)

(ADMIN PANEL)

3 Likes

Can you show some examples of your work here? I can’t give feedback unless I can diagnose the issue.

I linked my portfolio, but I’ll add photos.
Edit: Added them.

1 Like

They look ok. They lack diversity and color though. The voting panel is pretty cramped, maybe extend the edges of that a bit so it looks less squished. In the GFX loading screen, it could use better lighting, but otherwise, I like that one. Roflix could use some layout diversity, but otherwise it looks pretty good. Basically, brighten things up, make things less cramped, and more colors. I would say RoFlix is your best work, but the buttons at the top are too small and need to be proportional to the show selections. Try using complementary colors.

This is my honest opinion.

Smooth corners isn’t really necessarily better, and you overused it, especially here:

There is a lack of consistency:
(sharp and smooth)

The text isn’t consistent:

And then there is the padding, which is also inconsistent:

The main things you have to improve on are:

1. Consistency
  2. Padding
  3. Theme

I can help you to improve as a customer because I m not Ui designer.
First one Ro-Flix :
Do more like the real Netflix

they have a bigger hole because yours look like all series/films are together and for eye isn’t very good. And also you have a black background that make little annoying, do like netflix, they did gray but with some variation darker and lighter and that make more esthetics.

Next one for Starwars:
Maybe try an different background because it look like strange the map like that, put an good picture of the scenery (maybe its moving background so don’t change maybe)
Next Rolta :
First button ( menu, store, …) Do it like they don’t look like the background, I mean more attractive for eyes. And for the vote map, do the vote more visuale like make a gray semi-transparent background to see me the map vote.
For Store Ui :
The principal handler window its too block near of all button who are circular and button make a hole like they floating in the window.
And for the Admin panel:
Maybe add some colors because its too black / gray.

That all I can tell for me, continu your great work :slight_smile: and sorry for my trash english :sweat_smile:

1 Like