How can I improve this build?

Looking for improvements for how to fix an old low poly environment

5 Likes

Before trying to sell off this piece, try and finish it.
It is missing some critical aspects such as:

• General Layout, seems a bit to boxy maybe have some abnormal hills and dips within the terrain.

• Fill up empty space, If I have empty space for any reason in my maps… I’ll end up making a really nice forest area out of it.
    Include rocks, trees, grass, plants, etc.

Take in consideration an image of my latest project I’ve been working on.

Nonetheless, the current status of your map I would say isn’t at a point to be sold. But more time and effort into it and you’ll get a lot more out of it. Use reference images!

Here’s the issue with developers, specifically builders…

They think about it from the position of studio, not the players in the game. If someone were to spawn into this game, they would probably think:

• There’s too much open space
  • The map is boring, it’s just one big square
  • The trees are copy pasted…
  • There’s not enough color

From the view of studio, it sure looks nice, but think about the psychology of the player. They need more trees, and the map needs to be more confusing so you can explore it.

It’s a really nice map, just add more in terms of rocks, hills in the middle, and uneven ground.

You’re kind of mixing low-poly with some other style I can’t even name… either go all the way to make it realistic or make it more low-poly.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies, I shouldn’t have put selling this as the main title as I was just thinking crazy about selling my products and this was a old build I made

It’s looking very good. These are the following recommendations:

• There’s a lot of the same models, add variety in the models - add more tree meshes, different shaped and sized rocks etc.
  • There is also a lot of space that could be used up, you could add more models (like said above) in that space.
  • Another good idea could be to add more color variations, it is a very vibrant and interesting style but I would recommend adding some more color

Other than that I would say it’s a fairly good build, and a great low-poly map!

Though I’m unsure of the context that this map was implemented in, I think it looks very good. It gives off a vast and open environment and the mountains and clouds complement the green nicely. However, as others have pointed out, the map could make the player feel overwhelmed by how large it is and the open space could have more models within it. That aside though, it looks quite calm and pleasing.