How can I improve this GFX?

Hello, I’m currently working on a GFX because I wanted to try and make one when I was bored but I don’t have much experience on making GFX so I’m looking for feedback.

Here is what I have currently made. It is the avatar of one of my friends on the doomspire brickbattle map:

It’s not fully rendered as I didn’t want to waste time

Please let me know if you have any feedback as anything would be appreciated :slight_smile:

8 Likes

It looks really nice, but I would reccomend adding shadows (or making them darker).

Also, make the palm of the character surround the sword’s handle.

3 Likes

Thanks I changed the lighting on the image slightly:

I also adjusted the hand as you suggested so it wraps around the sword at the end:

sausagesweetcorn gfx 2 hand

2 Likes

Here is an updated version:

I just changed the camera’s position slightly

4 Likes

This looks great already! Atm I can’t really think of things to improve, the only thing I have in mind for realism is a cloudy sky in the background, as the background is currently one static color.

2 Likes

Adding more details in the lighting and adding more detailed shadows, or adding more details in the background are ideas that are mostly used in gfx.

2 Likes

This GFX looks good and funny, I recommend adding shadows and darker lighting to make it more realistic.

1 Like

Too much head room in my opinion, I get the perspective is to show off the comedic side of the render but it still is hard to visibly see - especially if it was smaller on a banner or a logo of some sorts.

I would recommend cropping in the top position to about an inch distance from the render’s head and the top of the frame.

1 Like

The camera should be in a more dynamic position with the subject centered and almost no blank spaces. I agree with everyone else on adjusting the lighting to create depth.

Yeah and maybe play around with some basic colour grading - if OP knows how.

2 Likes