How can I improve this Walking Animation

How can I improve my walking Animation for my game I don’t really like how it is rn

https://gyazo.com/adb1764d700165aed904766e231d65b9

4 Likes

It doesn’t look bad. You definitely have got the basic poses right, as it is not jerky, but smooth.

Since you are using a R15 rig though, I would suggest incorporating the mid joints, to bring more flow. Let those knee caps and elbows free!

With a few adjustments, I think it would look great though!

1 Like

You mind Explaining?

30charrrrrrs

I meant to make the motion more fluid, by using all of the joints, instead of just the ones connected to the torso.

Here is a example of what I mean, courtesy of Mr. Stickman:

Is there any tutorials covering this?

Looks good for the animation itself. Since you are using R15 rig, I would suggest showing the animaiton on the joints, the elbows on both arms, the knees and foot on the legs.

By that, it would give a more detailed free walking style animation, as if you are walking freely, sorta like that

I did some browsing and found this tutorial that is pretty decent. It should at least demonstrate the poses needed to make a realistic stroll.

It is done using Rthro, but the same principles should copy over to a blocky R15 rig.

1 Like

1. Maybe don’t make the legs and arm move EXACTLY like each other, make them a bit different

2. Make every part of the body move, all I see is the legs and arm. Maybe make the torso sway and the head move.

3. Make the moving less robotic by moving certain parts of the leg different to the rest, like the feet and the upper leg. Same with the arms, this would help in creating it to look more realistic.

4. Make the feet land onto the ground. If this animation was in-game, the feet would clip into the ground, that would not look that great.

I think that’s all from the top of my head! Hope this helps!