How can I increase my player count?

Hey all, I have recently release my new game “Metal Detecting Simulator”. I am proud of how it turned out from a development point of view, but I have been struggling to hold consistent player counts. I have tried both ads and sponsors but nothing has seemed to work. The current flow of players is all due to the search engine, as the game is the first result for “Metal Detector”.

I am wondering if there is an issue with the game loop that makes the game not exciting, or if its a marketing issue.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback on the game or suggestions about how I can improve.

5 Likes

You could try some options on this website by Roblox that you didn’t try yet:

Or you could try asking YouTubers to try your game in a video or make a video yourself on TikTok or whatever with a link to your game.

(Im not a expert in promotion but i hope this helped!)

2 Likes

I’m going to include suggestions based on the user’s experience in-game/on the game’s page.

I’ve realize that for me, the tutorial doesn’t load immediately if I click on “Skip Loading”. This may cause some Players to be confused as some are impatient, so you might want to add a delay before the Player is able to skip loading.

Your tutorial should try to explain other aspects of the game, such as the reward chests, the “Grasslands”, and even the UI.

You shouldn’t let the Player dig in the first place if they already have a max inventory. Not doing so will result in the “treasures” being buried staying at 0 stat.

You should, as much as possible, try to simplify text. Instead of saying “Tp to sell zone”, just replace the text to “Sell”.

Codes menu has a circle which I got a bit confused about at first - thought this was a separate button. You probably should make it such that the circle tweens with the icons for whether the code is valid or not. (E.g. if a code is not valid, the white circle with the cross will appear, and both will disappear after some time).

Please use a custom dialog system, instead of using Roblox’s inbuilt Dialogs. They are simply unprofessional and don’t meet the ambience of the game.

Finally, I feel that your game uses too many emojis. The whole title seems to be littered with them. You should try to tone them down, so you can attract a larger audience, and they can actually see your title without having to visit the game’s page.

As @iamroblox09834 already said, promotions are a key thing for getting Player’s engagement. Do try to advertise in social media platforms for your game.

6 Likes

Btw 80 Robux for 100 coins is a bit much, if digging 1 time gives you 10 coins, this would be 8 robux (i think) so there is no point at spending that much Robux if you could just dig a few times

5 Likes

Adding a bunch of emojis to your title and description just makes the game feel overwhelming. It just feels like another one of those simulator games where you play for 30 minutes to an hour and start to get bored of how repetitive it is to metal detect objects for coins and walk all the way back to purchase better tools to make profit.

I also want to mention that it sometimes takes a bit to locate treasure but isn’t that much of a hassle.

The cost for 100 coins is quite expensive and judging by the use of emojis on the title that attracts younger audiences, nobody by that standard can afford 80 robux for 100 coins. So lowering the cost to like 20 robux may potentially pull more sales off your dev products.

However, I do enjoy how unique the game is where it isn’t one of those simulators where you swing swords for money or eliminate zombie NPC’s for money. The UI is great and the scale of the UI doesn’t appear off-centered. The music is pleasant and the building design of the map is really good.

Overall, great game, but coins are way to overpriced and overuse of emojis in the games title and description. This is just by my own opinion and I hope my feedback helped.

3 Likes