How can I make a dash like blox fruits

I’m trying to make a dash ability in my 2d platformer were eating different kinds of fruits gives you abilities

I’m trying to make a cherry that enables the player to dash but im not sure how to do this

does anyone know how I could make a dash similar to blox fruits were the player does not fall when dashing and goes in a straight line forward so they would be able to cross big gaps without falling

also having the white trails behind the players arms would be nice but the main thing to figure out is how to make the actual dash

I had a freind try and make it but the problem was it just made the player walk fast in one direction so the player would still fall down im not sure if anyone would be able to fix the code it would probally be better to just fully make something new but heres the code anyways

-- local m = false
local AKeyDown = false
local DKeyDown = false

local DashDeb = false
local DashTime = 0.3

local anim = "it wont work when its has nothing so contact me when u put sm inside so i script it"
function begin(x)
	x:Destroy()
	m = true
end

local TweenService = game:GetService("TweenService")
local Char = game.Players.LocalPlayer.Character or game.Players.LocalPlayer.CharacterAdded:Wait()

local HRP = Char:WaitForChild("HumanoidRootPart")

local UIS = game:GetService("UserInputService")

for _, v in ipairs(workspace:GetDescendants()) do
	if v:IsA("Folder") and v.Name == "Cherries" then
		for _,x in ipairs(v:GetChildren()) do
			x.EPrompt.TextLabel.MouseButton1Click:Connect(function()
				begin(x)
			end)

game.UserInputService.InputBegan:Connect(function(input)
				if input.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.E and (x.Position - game.Players.LocalPlayer.Character:WaitForChild("HumanoidRootPart").Position).Magnitude <= 40 then
					begin(x)
				end
			end)
		end
	end
end 

UIS.InputBegan:Connect(function(Key,IsTyping)
	if IsTyping then return end
	if Key.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.Space and m == true  then

if DashDeb == false and Char:FindFirstChild("Deb") == nil then
			DashDeb = true

delay(DashTime + 0.7,function()
				DashDeb = false
			end)

elseif AKeyDown then 

local Tween = TweenService:Create(HRP,TweenInfo.new(DashTime,Enum.EasingStyle.Linear,Enum.EasingDirection.Out),{Velocity = HRP.CFrame.LookVector * 70})
			Tween:Play()
			delay(DashTime + 0.1,function() 
			end)
		elseif DKeyDown then 

local Tween = TweenService:Create(HRP,TweenInfo.new(DashTime,Enum.EasingStyle.Linear,Enum.EasingDirection.Out),{Velocity = -HRP.CFrame.LookVector * -70})
			Tween:Play()
		end
	end
end)

local UIS = game:GetService("UserInputService")
game["Run Service"].RenderStepped:Connect(function()

if UIS:IsKeyDown(Enum.KeyCode.A) then
		AKeyDown = true
	else 
		AKeyDown = false
	end

if UIS:IsKeyDown(Enum.KeyCode.D) then
		DKeyDown = true
	else 
		DKeyDown = false
	end
end)

code already has the feature for eating the cherry all I need is the actual dashing system so you can ignore the other stuff

9 Likes

Although the tutorial itself is old, the principles still hold up in making a dash, use some of the current knowledge (like using AlignPosition) with conjunction of this tutorial and the new raycast api word stuff. This dash will make sure your character moves in a straight line mostly consistently + has the added benefit of preventing the character from flipping out when met with a wall/obstacle. Adjust how you see fit of course.

I’m just going to say, yes, I did make this tutorial-

Also, make sure to name your variables properly and ignore the mumbo jumbo I did in this video.

For this line:

Just do BasePart, and it should work fine.

12 Likes

ill definitely watch this thanks

6 Likes