How can i make a Furniture Placement from scratch

I want to make an object placement system from scratch, I want to learn on my own and make my own system.I already want to put a system that saves objects and that have value, where you buy them and place them inside your property.
But I don’t know where to start, do you have any valuable tips, or any method / tutorial that I can use?
(sorry if i’m being a little inconvenient, i’m new here, but i already want to learn some basic concepts)
_all TY

1 Like

If you have a clear idea of what you want to do but still don’t know where to start then I think it’s too advanced for you imo. There are open sourced placement systems for you to use, many that allow for easy customization. You should just use one of them and edit it to your needs, but if you really want to make it from scratch then just read all of the code to understand how they built their system and do your own from scratch with that knowledge. I wouldn’t consider following a tutorial doing it from scratch.

1 Like

I think this is what you are looking for: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEqdq9VXfT4

I hope to have helped you!

1 Like

The best furniture placement tutorial I could find is written by EgoMoose (who posts a lot of extremely helpful articles with open source code, and is an Adpot me contributor, who wrote a very comprehensive post explaining complete build from scratch. Alternatively, you can use TheDevKing’s tutorial (@NinjaFurfante07 already posted the link). Even better, you can check both and compare them, find possible differences, and perhaps combine them.

I think you can learn a lot from slowly building such systems, although you should explain everything step by step, look into services, documentation, be relatively fluid with programming basics and Roblox studio, as well as, most importantly, be determined to learn and have fun!

Good luck with your project!

1 Like

I think it will help me a lot in relation to development, really, thank you

I already read something about it, I really appreciate it, now with your help I was able to absorb a little more, thank you

1 Like

thanks, any information already helps a lot,: D

really thank you it’s always good to have people who help us and support our ideals, now that i have a base, i already have a place to start … :smiley:

1 Like

I wish you all the success with your learning. Here is yet another useful post and open source place with another system, which is perhaps useful for learning (not for actual use). Uncopylocked Placement System!

Placement systems are a quite advanced topic, depending on complexity of course, so you should perhaps really be fluid with programming logic and basic to intermediate syntax.

What I’d recommend diving into is obviously math and consequently some physics. Coordinate frames, vectors, magnitude… are all terms you should know in detail. If you have decent knowledge of those mathematical areas, you should have a good head start when trying to understand Roblox CFrames. Take a look at these articles:

Basics of CFrames:

More advanced extension of CFrame article:

Developer Hub (other articles and APIs) should be your supportive tool to learn. APIs contain brief examples, but often only raw data, although there is a category containing quite some tutorials and Roblox provided open source places you don’t know existing without checking there.

Try to completely understand UserInputService and mouse movement. Read a lot(!) here on Dev Forum if information on Dev Hub seems complicated or hard to understand.

EgoMoose uses so called objective oriented programming (OOP). It looks scarry at first, just like metamethods (sort of table attachments and enhancements), but they are very friendly and useful once you understand. None if it is as intimidating as it looks like in the first place.

Read a lot. Read about similar content here.

Write a more basic system first, but gradually update and upgrade it. Up! Rather write something you understand but more simple than something you don’t that is advanced. Take open source code and rewrite it. Be aware of details, but keep track of the big picture!

Seems like a large bunch of work, doesn’t it? Don’t let that be an unavoidable obstacle.

Any task can be accomplished as long as you break it down into smaller, manageable pieces.

EDIT (appending previous post)

1 Like

friend, i really feel this is what i need, thanks again for these tips, which may even be “the solution”
I wish you success too :slight_smile:
I hope to talk to you more often, there is really a lot to learn, thank you really.
(if my english is bad, forgive me, this is not my official language) :smiley:

1 Like