How can I make a little dot display over your head that corresponds with your team's color?

Hey guys,

I would like a little marker to float over a player’s head that is the same color as their team.

If the player is on the red team, this little dot will be red, and visible that way to any player regardless of the team.

How can I do that?

Thanks in advance.

You could have a value inside the player which has the colour of their team (Not needed but can make the system more neat), and make a function that runs everytime the player respawns/changes team, changing the colour of a SurfaceGui above the players head which has an ImageLabel of a White Dot according to the value they have.

i have no idea what im doing.

how should i go about this?

is this good?

function onplayerjoin (spawn)
if player.TeamColor.ReallyRed then
	game.StarterPlayer("Team Marker")
	ImageColor3 = 255,0,0
	else 
	if player.TeamColor.ReallyBlue
ImageColor3 = 0,0,255				
	end
end

Have a billboard gui and insert a white dot as a frame. Adjust the settings in studio. The size, the adornee, etc. Now place the billboard gui in repstorage and clone it to the players head. And use a script in serverscriptstorage to have it the frame set to the players team color

That code should work. I’d suggest using Color3.fromRBG to change the team color. Or just have ImageColor3 = player.TeamColor if that’d work

30 chars

To be completely honest with you, its best to learn instead of diving straight into stuff. If you don’t know what the code you have written is doing, then stop. You’ll just waste time. Iv’e wasted so much time just copying and pasting stuff from youtube, not even knowing what i’m writing, and having my fingers crossed it would work.

One day, i got up, and decided to stop. I decided i would actually learn. So i sat at my desk, only for a week, watching youtube videos, and suddenly understood everything.

You should really do the same. Trust me, you’ll need it. Sooner or later, you will have to learn, otherwise you’ll just give up.

1 Like

well said.

I understand exactly what you mean. a year and a half ago i tried to make an rpg and this was my first experience with roblox studio, coding, etc as a whole. i gave up because the game was just a two maps and no code, i had no idea what i was doing but i had a really good plan. about two months ago i have started a new project and honestly i am 100x better than i was before.

youtube coding lessons are great and all, but they are indirect. like they show you how to have an owner tag above your head, but they dont teach about what words in code mean if that makes sense.

happy birthday big boi (30 chars)

1 Like