How can I make a safezone for my game (disabling the tools)

Did you make it disable the backpack if the player is in the safe zone?

no, I still haven’t found the way to detect if the player is inside the safezone. I found the way to disable the tool tho

Yes you should use that, also make sure it’s not a LocalScript as it won’t be able to access ServerStorage.

oh you meant just store it inside replicated storage. Well I have only one tool and its the same tool for everyone. It’s stored by default in StarterPack

Mine or @OnlyRoids’s reply might help.

The tool is stored by default in StarterPack

Yes we know, what about it? Also they said ServerStorage not ReplicatedStorage.

Oh okay I see, so I can remove it before the StarterPack since the player spawns in the safezone and just keep the tool inside the ServerStorage? I also have only one tool

Oh no I think they said, temporarily move it to ServerStorage while the Player is in the safe zone, then move it back after the player gets out.

I think it would be best if you just keep it in ServerStorage like it is already, but in the script, make it so if the Player is in the safe zone; move the tool to ServerStorage so the player can’t access it, and once the Player leaves, move it back to the Player’s backpack.

so just move the tool by default to ServerStorage (since the player spawns directly in the safezone) and move it to his backpack when he leaves the safezone. If he comes back inside, the tool gets moved to serverstorage?

or just keep the tool inside StarterPack by default so its less to script?

oh and the tool has localscript inside. Will it be fine if I move to serverstorage and then to player backpack when they leave the safezone (like will the local script still work when the tool gets moved to backpack) just to be sure

Sure but if you are going to keep the tool in ServerStorage, you’ll need a seperate ServerScript to move the tool to the Players backpack once they spawn in, and that’s a lot more complicated.

why would I need that? the player spawns in the safezone so they dont need to have the tool inside the backpack

I mean once they get out of the safe zone.

and what was wrong with this enabling and disabling the backpack?

game.StarterGui:SetCoreGuiEnabled(Enum.CoreGuiType.Backpack, false)

game.StarterGui:SetCoreGuiEnabled(Enum.CoreGuiType.Backpack, true)

this is easier no?

I can make it run when a remote event launches it, so exploits wont work right?

1 Like

There was no problem, you can do that. I was just agreeing with the other person. You just have to check if they’re in the safe zone though.

okay perfect thank you ima do that then :))