How Can I Make A Skip Loading Screen Key?

So in some games i’ve seen that their loading screen has a skip key in which when you press a key the loading screen bar becomes full and just goes away.

I wanna do that i know that they use ContendProvider and so do I, but i don’t know that how can i make it skip because my UIs loading bar’s size depends on the assets loaded by The ContendProvider and the loading screen only goes away when the size property Is (1,0,1,0) but if the CP doesn’t allow the bar to go full it doesn’t let me skip.

Here’s the script for the loading process (Not The Full Script Only The Part Which Starts It)

local ContendProvider = game:GetService("ContentProvider")
		local thegame = game.Workspace:GetDescendants()
 		 		local stuff = #thegame
	for i,v in pairs(thegame) do
		LoadingScreen.MainFrame.LoadingSymbol.Text = "Loading Assets ".. i .. " /".. stuff			 
       LoadingScreen.MainFrame.LoadingBar.Loading.Size = UDim2.new(i/stuff,0,1,0)
		ContendProvider:PreloadAsync({v})
	end

And Here’s The Part Which Tries To Make The Part Skip.

userinputservice.InputBegan:Connect(function(key)
	if key.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.Space and LoadingScreen.MainFrame.BackgroundTransparency == 0 then
		print("Skipped")
		LoadingScreen.MainFrame.LoadingBar.Loading.Size = UDim2.new(1,0,1,0)
	end
end)

You can also watch This clip of how it is Not working also make sure to look at the output cause it says how many times i pressed the spaceBar.

In the Clip you can see that when i press the spacebar the bar becomes full for half a second, i don’t want that i want the CP to stop. So It Can skip.

Hope Now You Can Help :pensive:

I usually create a value called “Loading” (Bool) and put an if statement in the loop.

If the Loading value is false, the loading will stop. And if it’s true, it will do nothing and continue loading.
What I recommend is doing the steps above, when the player hits the Space key. Then you can hide the GUI.

I think you can edit the code like this:

local stuff = #thegame
		LoadingScreen.MainFrame.LoadingSymbol.Text = "Loading Assets ".. i .. " /".. stuff			 

if key.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.Space and LoadingScreen.Enabled then
		       print("Skipped")
               LoadingScreen.Enabled = false --Assuming LoadingScreen is a ScreenGui object
               break
	        end
        end)
	end

When break is inserted into a loop, the loop breaks.

How Do You Make Loading Stop??

local stuff = #thegame
 local skipped = false

if not skipped then
     else
         break
     end
end

if key.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.Space and LoadingScreen.MainFrame.BackgroundTransparency == 0 then
		skipped = true
	end
end)
3 Likes