How Can I Make a Swinging Light?

I can’t seem to find anything that explains how this is done, and I think there’s probably other people wondering too.

I was wondering how I can make a basic swinging light? At first I used a free model that was made using a rope constraint and attachments, but it doesn’t give the right effect.

I know this probably sounds a bit vague.

2 Likes

Attach a rope to the light source, and angle it so it is kind of like a wrecking ball, then it should well,swing.(atleast that is what i did)

That’s what the model was, but it didn’t work well.

robloxapp-20210319-1759220.wmv

It’s more like a pendalum :laughing:

Maybe if I changed the pyshical properties of the light, the heaviness might slow it down?

A hanging light would be a pendulum… The rope should always stay straight between the two Attachments. Are you trying to make the rope ‘bend’ while swinging?

Another effect you could do is a HingeConstraint on the whole light model with a solid Part rope. You could put a timed AngularVelocity into the Hinge to keep the assembly swinging back and forth.

1 Like

What kind of effect do you want?

I want to create something that will swing slowly and inconsistently. A light doesn’t really swing back and forth like a pendulum. I don’t make a lot of sense I’m sorry.

Edit: I would probably be happy with a slower version of what I already have. I just don’t have a clue how to slow the constraint down…