How can I make a tool that doesnt show up in the hotbar?

Hey. I’m trying to create a tool that is automatically equipped and stays equipped throughout the lifetime of a character, and I don’t want it to show up in the hotbar. This tool will be used with animations. How may I make it hide from the toolbar, or is there an alternative way for doing this?

Need more info. If the player only needs the one tool and they don’t need the toolbar for any other tools, just disable the coregui for the toolbar entirely.

local StarterGui = game:GetService("StarterGui")

-- Disable the toolbar
StarterGui:SetCoreGuiEnabled(Enum.CoreGuiType.Backpack, false)

Edit: If this works please mark as solution, thank ya

1 Like

if you don’t specifically need it to be a tool you could make a model/part with a motor6d attached to the character

2 Likes

I’m sure this works, but it’s probably not the best to use in most cases. I’ll be using this if I have no other option though. Thanks.

You can try something like this;

local player = game.Players.LocalPlayer
local backpackGui = player:WaitForChild("PlayerGui"):WaitForChild("Backpack")
local toolName = "YourToolName" -- Replace with your tool's name

backpackGui:WaitForChild(toolName).Visible = false

Although I have no idea if it will work, as I am on my phone.

Would you know how I could make something like this work? Would I just create a Motor6D when a character is added and then attatch the model via that or is there a better method?

Think that would pretty much be the way to do it, just have a model with a motor6d in rs or ss and whenever a player joins clone it to them and set the part0/part1 to the arm

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.