How can I make Daily Quests?

Hello!

I currently need to make Daily Quests for my game, as of now, i only know some things i can use but nothing concrete that i really know how to pursue.

1. Quests
    The first thing i need is to have a proper way to select one quest every day, i was thinking on using a ModuleScript, that has all the avaiable quests and a function that randomly selects one.

2. Time
    Obviously, i was thinking of using os.time. (Though i’ve only used it once or twice before so i’m not very familiarized with it.)

3. Completion
    Now, about the completing the quest part is what i find a little harder, my current idea is a Datastore Leaderboard that has a “currentQuest” value which changes every day, and when that value is set to true the quest counts as completed and the player gets a reward.

I have the basic ideas ready, i’m just a little skeptical on how to set them all up together and i’d like some support.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey there,

I have also been wanting to make a daily reward system and found this video really helpful:

Of course, if you wanted to make it in a screengui, you could change it if you want to.

Hope this helps :slightly_smiling_face:

Quests: For the Quests you can do exactly as you said, it doesn’t have to be a modulescript you can put them in a regular table and choose a random one as well.

Time: You can use os.time but I’d suggest using os.clock and compare the difference to the

local time_ = os.clock()
wait(5)
print(os.clock() - time_) --> 5.0139398000001165

Completion: Well there are many different ways to do this, it depends on the type of quest too. If you are looking to make a regular type of quest you can track the number of coins for example for a day, and reset it the next day (but always save the total coins, because that’s important.), and reward the player if the player reaches the required amount. You can save the quests as a table with the Type, Required Amount, and the Reward (that’s what I do).