How can I make face accessory meshes

I always wanted to make face gear, ranging from respirators to helmet. While helmets are easier to make things like gas masks, masks or anything that goes on your face in general is hard for me to grasp how to make.

So I am asking for tips or tricks to use to make modelling the thing easy

1 Like

I assume you’d be using Blender or another 3D modelling program right?

My best advice I can give to you is to find a bunch of reference pics, it especially helps to import them as images / a plane in your program so you can model alongside them, and having a humanoid head to model around is also a nice base to work with. Plus importing some already existing meshes and taking a look at their geometry might help with seeing how you can put together your own. :]

Best of luck to you!

You can either use modeling softwares such as Blender or you can make them on Studio with unions.

Well, first of all you’d need to install a modelling software such as Blender because there’s plenty of tutorials on how to get started. It’s quite easy after you mess around with it once you understand the basics import a Roblox Rig of your choice into the Blender file and create the hat as a single mesh. Once you’ve done that you should export the mesh File > Export > Wavefront (.obj) then go into Roblox and follow the steps below.

Youtube Modelling Tutorial

1. Open the Game Explorer found in View tab.

2. Right click on Meshes and the click on Add Assets.

3. Locate and open the Mesh you’ve created.

4. Select as Import file as single mesh. the click Apply.

5. Once it has imported you’ll see this.

6. Go back to the Game Explorer tab and right click then Insert.

7. Insert a Roblox Rig.

8. Go to the Explorer tab and click on the + Icon

9. Search for Accessory and click on it.

10. Then drag the Mesh into the Accessory.

11. Then go to Properties and position it correctly.

That’s about it, to texture the Mesh you can go on the properties of it and upload the TextureID. Hope this helps you in some way and have a wonderful day if there’s any issues let me know but I’m not a professional at this.

2 Likes

I know how to do that I was asking how to model the actual thing

Ah, I can’t help you with that since I have barely used blender and that was to make a sword. But like I mentioned above simply install Blender and watch tutorials that’s your best option currently.