How can i make my arena less boring?

How to i make my arena less boring? I have no current idea

Can anyone give me a suggestion or idea to make this less plain

2 Likes

You can try adding some boxes like players can hide behind them or you can make ships.
Also you can play other games which inculdes battling on arena to see how they are builded.

Add more walls, way too open.
As @axcorpio said probably boxes too.

Add more materials/textures.
Materials you uses should stay the same for everything cause it looks horrendous with how the materials are. (Not in a rude way, just honest feedback.)

1 Like

What is this arena for?

depending on its purpose you could add a number of things… also yeah the semi-realistic textures of the stone stairs and wood doesn’t really match the flat blue. If you are going with flat colors, make all the parts have flat colors.

I suggest adding the next:
-Simple textures like studs or keep it plain.
-Add obstacles or walls
-A barrier around the spawn zone stairs
-Add a sky, maybe a cartoony one and play with the light settings
-(Optional) a defense tower.

I hope I could help you!

1 Like

Okay for the people wondering what arena is this for, let me explain

The Glass Cube you see at sky is where user will spawned, after they select the team the player will spawn at the front at the door. The main objective is the player have to take the key from the opponent side at bring them to they own team gate ( The gate you see at team door colour grey ) after certain amount of key the gate will open and if the opponent touched the flag. Who touched the Opponent flag win

Also the texture and material is still changing in soon update but i just want to get suggestion like what to put what

I found the texture that I was talking about. Most games use this texture to keep their game simple and retro.

1 Like

Can you post the texture idea?

honestly, I would tear down the walls and surround the arena with trees. If that isn’t something you’re looking for, I would add more materials and a more complex sky.

Personally, I’d use more shades of blue and red to distinct walls from the floors. Also, maybe put a narrow gray strap along the bottom of the walls to separate floor-wall lines.
Put a gray path leading to the stairs, some pillars along the walls. Needs more props imho to make it less empty. Railing/fence of some sort. I’d go for max 4 main colors plus their shades.

you could…

or even

or like a combo of both idk

add a bunch of snakes to scare people so that it is not boring

3 Likes

I personally don’t think the mix of wood and stone in with the cartoon style works, I would look at something like Big paintball, they do the style of their arenas quite well. I just don’t think the Clear red/blue work with a realistic wood and cobblestone