How can I make my cafe better

Hi I am frenkle I’m new to building I started building three weeks ago, and I really need some help on my building. I’m trying to re create a cafe. game link——> cafe - Roblox I made some changes to my cafe I’ll try and put in the picture.

4 Likes

Well I think you forgot to anchor the painting
And lots of the cafe has nothing in it so I suggest adding more stuff
And the lighting is bad in some corners

And also the windows can fall down

Add screenshots please. Makes it a ton easier to provide feedback.

5 Likes

hi just a few things,

i notice some parts of your building are floating/not connected to each other, i suggest turning collisions off when your building because its kind of a hassle sometimes when that happens.

you can turn collisions off in studio by clicking home > collisions

additionally, lowering the stud increment can help you build smaller and more detailed stuff, you can lower the increment by pressing model > increment and adjusting it to however big/small you want
studs

2 Likes

for a beginner it’s good, however, the bridges parts are not touching and that they are not on equal sides. It’s very uneven.

2 Likes

The lighting and texture isn’t great, I would recommend making the fence a lot smaller, since it’s a giant compared to the size of a normal avatar. I think most things could be worked on, although, this is pretty good for a beginner, keep working on building and you’ll get the hang of it in no time.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t recommend using the sand material for walls. I would also recommend resizing the cafe due to it being disproportional to the character’s size.

3 Likes

I mean it’s not a bad start maybe reference off of other builds, or real-life builds for the exterior

When you first spawn the bridge fences are way too big I’m not sure

The design of the café is fine, it’s pretty decent.

The chairs & table seem like you grabbed it out of the toolbox.

1 Like

ser4x, Please this is my first post and I am having trouble locating where to input pictures.

Currently this build is pretty basic — but it has much potential.

First, the building shape is simply a big block room large windows, just simply a door opening with a empty cafe the walls with what seems to be no thought along with no details/ design along the outside or inside walls, being simply bare. The Interior of the building looks simple, which is nice. It, however, looks empty. There are a few things I think you can add.

Since it’s a cafe, I recommend adding different colors instead of a whole one color because right knows it doesn’t look like a cafe I’ll try adding items on each table. You can also add details to the windows, maybe add some decorations on the walls. You can add different types of seats and tables to give it a better feel. Another thing would be posters, objects, hanging lights more detail, and a menu in the front.

Try using different reference images to give you some ideas on how a cafe looks. I’d recommend adding some sort of roof instead of what you have, where the roof is flat personally, I think that the cafe needs tables and chairs. It also needs to have textures on the floor to fit the cafe theme as in my opinion wood planks aren’t really cafe themed. It’s a pretty good start to a cafe it just needs its final touches and some changes.

Add some interior designing. Like lamps, chandeliers. On the walls I would recommend to maybe put picture frames up there. Overall, I think the build lacks creativity and uniqueness Anyways, keep going man I know if you keep improving and changing thing’s up it will look a lot better. To add pictures, just click the “Choose file” button on the upper left

2 Likes

Sorry for the late reply.
Capture That’s the button to upload photos from your device.

Hey there! here’s a list with improvements, hints and idea’s. Since you are new, i have some screenshots to show you what i’m talking about.

Improvements

• The roof is floating. Connect it with the walls
Screenshot

Schermafbeelding 2020-04-19 om 16.46.14

• Add some stuff in there, it is way too empty to be called a cafe. I suggest that you make some freezers which has drinks in it, more tables and better lighting. Oh and if you are going to add paintings, then i wouldn’t just add one. :paintbrush: :bulb: :tropical_drink:
Screenshot

Schermafbeelding 2020-04-19 om 16.46.27

• Please don’t forget to add windows, you forgot to add some. The wooden floor is also sticking outside of the building.
Screenshot

Schermafbeelding 2020-04-19 om 16.46.56

I hope this helps you to make your cafe better and i hope that i learned you something!

2 Likes

I’d say 2/10 for the attempt…

I just started building it like 2 days ago this isn’t the final picture I’m still adding stuff

1 Like

It’s still not very good in my opinion.

Dude… that’s was the picture that’s was 2days ago I made it better please I don’t want to complain anymore, okay what ever it’s your opinion everybody has one I need help not bad compliments. I need help to improve that what the dev forum is about.

1 Like

I think you should make the island more bigger and having a good amount of palmetto trees :palm_tree:
spread apart from each other across the map and a invisible spawn on almost the edge of the map with a red carpet and railings leading you into the building also I suggest you add some tables and furniture so people can sit down and enjoy their meals. Overall its a good start :+1:.

You were asking for feedback and I gave my honest thougts.

TYSM I’ll do that thanks for the advice