How can I make my game accessible to very low-end pc users?

So, I’ve been playing most ROBLOX games with my low-end PC rig, and most of the games I have played ran slowly and some ran at a decent framerate. Some graphically intensive games pushed my PC to its limits, and some couldn’t run well. I am working on a game called Activehenry’s Realistic Tennis, a realistic tennis simulator that will mostly play like the Virtua Tennis series of games, and other realistic tennis simulators. I am planning to make my game compatible with high-end, normal-end, and low-end PCs. My PC specs are a GT 210 (Geforce 210), and a AMD Sempron 140, and it is a LOW-END PC. I am planning to include settings to help low-end PC users run the game at a playable framerate, and possibly a smoother framerate. I’m including level of detail, level of quality, and more settings that are graphics based. I am also planning to include graphics presets for users to choose depending on how their PC runs. But how can I make my realistic tennis game more compatible with low-end PC’s? Leave your answers and suggestions below, and I would like to get help from a great number of developers, and hopefully make my rig compatible!

2 Likes

You could reduce lag in your game. this could help you with what you need.

I’m starting to use the MicroProfiler in while. But can we make the game also compatible for mobile users, and console users?

Yes, reducing lag will make it playable for everyone.

Some things to consider when optimizing your game for lower end machines

• Part Count
    Part count contributes a lot to load time and frame rate, as much as possible, make your structures as simple as possible.
  • Custom Meshes
    Custom meshes are one of the main causes of long load time and lag, try not to use too much of these.
  • Script Optimisation
    Be sure to use :Disconnect on all one-time or uneeded functions so that these can be Garbage Collected (GCed). I think you should also clear variables that are dependent on the argument passed if you do not need to cache the value.
  • Streaming Enabled
    This feature usually makes large games bearable on lower end machines, try playing with this sometime and see if you can get better gameplay on your low-end pc.
  • Player Count
    Roblox recently made 100 player servers public, however player characters are not yet ready for this step. If your game has 30+ players, I think you should consider making it only 30.

These are only some of the many ways to optimise games, if anyone catches a mistake, please inform me.

3 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions! I’ll use StreamingEnabled to help low-end PC’s do well.

1 Like