How can I make my game (slightly) popular?

Anyways, I made a game recently. I tried to use ads to make it popular, but my game only gained 3 more visits to it. Then, I created a YouTube video, but, the video itself didn’t get popular either. I do not have Twitter to promote it there. I also have few robux either. How would I get concurrent players to my game?
I haven’t tried promoting yet, but there are some topics here in the devforum that states that promoting is “worthless”.

3 Likes

The game itself seem to be very low quality and the genre of the game you picked relies on there being at least 2 people that can interact with each other. I suggest you try and improve the quality of the place first before advertising it more.

2 Likes

Honestly, to catch player’s attention your title and thumbnail are extremely important. Your images aren’t too eye catching, your game’s name does not describe much, and your place doesn’t seem to have much gameplay. Make a unique and solid game that can keep people engaged first before worrying about promotion.

3 Likes

Like duckeys and krunnie said. The thumbnails don’t look too attractive, things like the houses in the thumnails. Try using different material types on your builds. You can also see the lighting going out of the building in the thumbnail.

2 Likes

Alright, so sorry for the late replies. I was busy doing schoolwork. Anyways, I did some improvement on the thumbnails. I still haven’t change the icon yet.
Here are the thumbnails:

Yes, I know, they kind of look like memes, but this is just the first time I made GFXs.
Like you guys said, the thumbnails are kind of weird and not that good. And also, I haven’t uploaded these pictures to the game yet.

1 Like

Should I shorten my game’s name so players can search it quickly? Or should I keep it?

Those thumbnails look way better! Btw for the fireplace i would recommend using pinecone color and for the grass i’d recommend brickcolor “shamrock”

1 Like

I like the pool, it has elements of different types such as, Water and Sand though I would change the walls top colors and enhance it by adding depth and some different colors like Shamrock and Pinecone, also you could change the shape of the water which would look great maybe even round out the edges to add even more detail. I also noticed to the right of the umbrella there is a little lip which could be fixed, and to make the game even more entertaining make the obby over a mouth of a cave with fresh water below, and add pillars to support the obby. You could add a shark fountain in the pool and change the surface of everything to smooth plastic. I’d also make the logs by the campfire closer together. Awesome game idea though Sean!

1 Like

Alright, thanks guys! Yeah, I did notice that the umbrella has some weird “bug” in it. I’ll fix it soon. I’ll also change the colors of the things you guys stated. And yeah, I’ll do the things you said, it does seem cool if it was in the game! Thanks!

So, I improved the resort place. I added some low poly sand. I also changed the texture of the pool.
Screenshots:

I also changed the texture of the sand from baseplate to sand. The baseplate was studs before because I want to preserve the old Roblox lol, but realized it’s out of time now. And yes, sand is actually better though. Haven’t fixed the fireplace on the forest though.

now we’re talking could still need some decoration around some spots tho

1 Like