How can I make my gear giver better?

Hello everyone. I’m trying to make Gear Givers for my game, trying something different. I have made them different compared to the gears you see in Tycoons.

Style

The Style I’m trying to make is to match them to the Islands they are on. All the islands have different themes to them, so they will all use some of the same textures, but also different.

Colors

Main Island

• Terra Cota
    Terra Cotta

• Pastel Brown
    Pastel Brown

• Reddish Brown
    Reddish Brown

Medieval Island

• Pastel Brown
    Pastel Brown

• Reddish Brown
    Reddish Brown

Photos of Giver

You can tell the difference. But the right side giver is just plain smooth plastic material with a transparency. The left giver which is a different color, has a Forcefield texture of a giver instead of smooth plastic.

Update

(7/17/21 5:09pm est)

This is what I currently have, any feedback is appreciated.

Conclusion

The givers are also on the main island, as behind them is were they will sit. I’m just having trouble with colors, any that has any suggestions please let me know.
Thanks ya’ll.

If you have any more color ideas for the Medieval Island please let me know, I do accept color options. The game is currently private.

1 Like

I think a gold and black case, would look smashing! :exploding_head:

3 Likes

You’d definitely need to give them more detail to fit in, and should probably change the design depending on each island.

2 Likes

I definitely agree with @PunkKidXXII because compared to the tree it looks a bit too basic. I also believe the color palette does not work well with the textures (this is my own personal preference). It is important to understand which textures and colors go well with which. I’m a bit confused if this is the medieval theme but I don’t think they had bricks and that kind of wood color but I don’t know enough on that style rn. One thing that personally works well while building something is incorporating the actual area into the map. Instead of making a plot to work on, make this unique and make the design around the map. Hopefully this helps and good luck on the project!

1 Like