How can I make my project game stand out?

This month I have been making a mystery/story game that involves the player to hunt for clues and find out the why this place has been deserted. That’s the idea anyways. I honestly don’t know if people would be interested in such a game so I thought I would ask you guys if you could check the game out and see if such a game could get an audience. And if this game could potentially get an audience how could I make it stand out?
Disclaimer, the game is not finished, but there is just enough in the game to get an idea of what it could become. Any feedback is much appreciated!

Sincerely,
Porchegt3

Here is the link to the game; Beyond The Clouds - Roblox

2 Likes

I recently had the opportunity to play your game and, to be honest, it didn’t quite resonate with me. The gameplay, the overall experience… - it just didn’t click.

Now, I understand that creating a game is no small feat and I commend you for your efforts. However, I believe there’s always room for improvement and growth. One thing I noticed is that the standing out things are documented by Roblox. I would strongly recommend revisiting those documents. They provide a wealth of information and guidelines that can help enhance your game, and make it stand out more.

In terms of the target audience, it seems like the game might not be hitting the mark with younger players. If your goal is to attract a younger demographic, you might want to consider making the game more engaging and colorful. Younger audiences tend to be drawn to vibrant, lively visuals and interactive gameplay.

Speaking of visuals, I noticed that the thumbnails and pictures associated with your game could use some work. They’re a bit dull and don’t quite capture the essence of the game. Bright, colorful, and appealing thumbnails can make a world of difference. They’re the first thing potential players see, and a captivating thumbnail can draw players in.

Lastly, don’t underestimate the power of social media. Platforms like TikTok, YouTube, Instagram, and even Twitter (Not :x: , I hate :x: .) can be incredibly effective for promoting your game. Consider creating engaging content that showcases the best features of your game. This could be anything from gameplay videos, behind-the-scenes looks at development, or even player testimonials.

Remember, creating a successful game is a journey. It takes time, effort, and a lot of trial and error. But with persistence and a willingness to learn and adapt, I’m confident you can create a game that players will love. Good luck! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like