How can i make realistic guns in roblox studio (NOT BLENDER)

Hello all! What i’m trying to do here is to make realistic guns in roblox studio but not in blender. I’ve tried making a realistic gun in roblox studio before but it turns out blocky. So if you have any tips or tricks to help me. Pls comment them. Bye, enjoy ur day!

1 Like

A lot of precise work with solid modeling might get you pretty close, but Roblox doesn’t have any built-in tools for what I assume you’re looking for. Additionally, even if you do go the route of solid modeling, it’s best to use a tool like Blender to clean up the resulting meshes by removing duplicate vertices and unnecessary geometry.

I very much recommend investing time into learning industry-standard tools like 3DS, Blender (easiest), or Maya. They look confusing, but they’re very intuitive applications and learning them will benefit you even outside of Roblox.

Regardless, you can find the official documentation for solid modeling here.

2 Likes

Ok thanks but i did say I didn’t want blender but ok

You can, but it will take a lot of time tho. Still recommending to learn Blender.

Build your guns large and then scale them down. You can use unions and parts for the details then you can export your built guns as obj and reupload them to meshparts, might be easier to scale them down this way. They won’t be optimized as if you used blender but that is the blenderless option.

3 Likes

Make a basic outline to the exact scale of how you want your gun outlining things like attachments such as a suppressor, scale it up by like 100-500 studs, work on it mega big with unions negations etc, and then scale it back down.

When using unions make sure to keep copies, as unions can sometimes “corrupt” and just disappear for no apparent reason.

I would really recommend learning blender though for this kind of thing.