How can i make search engine in roblox

WOW LOOK AT THIS GUY You didn’t even take one look at the script u didn’t even read everything please stop and listen I’m not going to make a real search engine but a search engine that clones from the replicated storage with a frame that puts it into the main GUI but I don’t know and you don’t read everything please listen and read carefully when talking!

1 Like

Hi !
A few time ago I made this script to search children of a list so I think that might help you, here the code (you’ll need to modify it a bit) :

local SearchBar = script.Parent.TextBox
local ServerList = script.Parent.Parent.GlobalServerList

SearchBar.Changed:Connect(function()
	local Search = string.gsub(string.lower(SearchBar.Text), " ", "")
	for Value, Child in pairs(ServerList:GetChildren()) do
		if Child:IsA("GuiButton") then
			if Search ~= "" then
				local Server = string.gsub(string.gsub(string.lower(Child:FindFirstChildWhichIsA("TextLabel").Text), " ", ""), "/", "")
				if string.find(Server, Search) then
					Child.Visible = true
				else
					Child.Visible = false
				end
			else
				Child.Visible = true
			end
		end
	end
end)

Have a nice day !

2 Likes

thats not really what i’ve said i want it to copy what it searched and put it into the GUI from the replicated storage

2 Likes

But why dont put it into player gui ?

1 Like

becuase it will show things they didnt search and I wanna remove the things that isn’t what it searched !

1 Like

Oh ok I see, you need to set the visibility of them to false !

1 Like

i dont know wich script your talking about and how to set the other false if its not what they searched

1 Like

This a property of gui, you need to set the property visibility of all of them to false and when they search up do wath you want and show what they searched by set there visibility property to true, and I send you a script before !

1 Like

You need a giant table of fake websites and then you would use something like string.find and loop through the tables contents to find the context you’re looking for

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.