How can I make Text Effects in a GUI?

What I’m trying to do
I’m trying to make a TextLabel have a wiggle effect like shown in the video below (i took this recording from the internet):

And also this “shaking” text effect (recorded in the game ‘UNDERTALE’):

What I have tried so far
I tried to use Defaultio’s Rich Text Markup for the wiggle effect, but I have no idea/don’t understand what to put in the ‘startingProperties’ dictionary. (I don’t know in which format to put the properties)

I also tried the code in this post, for the shaking text, but the text does not animate.

If you know a simple working method to do these effects, please let me know!

1 Like

All I can say is, those Mushrooms made me tingle. :smile:

Back to topic I recommend reading these two articles/topics on Roblox Developer Site:
This one is used to reveal the text:
Animating Text (roblox.com)
This will be your greatest friend:
TweenService (roblox.com)
Tweenservice, is used in a lot of applications to make objects move in a certain way such as doors or in this case GUI.

1 Like

I’ll read them. I haven’t tried them out yet though, I’ll let you know if they do :smiley:
Thanks!

1 Like

I just fixed my version that was said to “not animate”, so it will work now. It may have stopped functioning due to a roblox update of some sort breaking it.

2 Likes

After taking a look to both of the links, I noticed that one of the links sent me to the TweenService Developer Hub/Roblox Developer Site Page. Now I might be wrong, but isn’t the text supposed to be in different textlabels, like the shaking text? If yes, how do I animate the single textlabels? (i am very bad at explaining stuff, please forgive me for that)

Have tween service apply to the text and move it around in different directions.

I don’t understand, could you perhaps explain a little bit more please? Thanks though

Check this awesome tutorial by Alvinblox on the tween service:
(23) Roblox TweenService Tutorial - How To Tween Parts In Your Game - Part Tweening - YouTube

1 Like