How can I make the 3D Platformer Genre Work for Mobile?

I’m making a 3D platformer that supports mobile devices, but I want to do it right. The issue is that the 3D platformer genre was made for consoles around the early 2000s. Mobile devices are now more used than consoles, especially talking about Roblox.

How should I go about making the 3D platformer genre fit for mobile devices? Or how could I get that same “feel” as a controller for this genre, but on mobile devices?

You could map some of the actions to the jump button. If the player can double jump, make it so they jump when they press the jump button. If the player can wall kick or something, then make them wall kick when they press the jump button on a wall. If the player can do both, make them wall kick when they’re against a wall, and double jump when they’re in the air.

You can also have another button near the jump button for other actions, such as crawling, or dashing. You can make this button do multiple things just like the jump button as well.

3 Likes

Be sure to take into account the amount of new buttons you add onto the screen, because you don’t want the screen to be filled with buttons, especially on Mobile where you will not be able to see anything else properly. Maybe 2 max 3 buttons should do it, if you want to add the extra buttons.

1 Like

You could use mobile input on the screen. Like double tap, swipe up, left, right, down.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.