How can I make the pressing button script work?

Hey I am no way a pro when it comes to scripting. The script is supposed to make the “door” disappear when a player presses it.

Any type of help I would deeply appreciate :slight_smile:

4 Likes

im also using the ZonePlus that is located in my Replicated Storage

2 Likes

also heres what my explorer looks like too

1 Like

When the player exits the zone you have an if statement to check if down is false and then you make it false again i think changing that might fix it

2 Likes

hiya thanks so much for responding. I think I did what youve suggested but still doesnt work :sob: maybe im doing something wrong?

1 Like

Oh no i meant to change the if statement not remove it,

after playerexited event gets fired change the if statement to be if down then instead of if not down then

1 Like

ohhhh thats what you meant lol :joy: i caught that mistake after I posted but for some reason it still isnt working though. Maybe its the zoneplus script i got in my replicated storage?

2 Likes

oh, then it might be the events, can you check if anything prints after those events are fired?

1 Like

Localscripts do not run in the workspace

3 Likes

Oh yea that is a local script i didn’t realize

2 Likes

Oh yeah I just changed it to a script and it still isnt working. maybe i am just dumb lol

1 Like

i appreciate yalls responses and trying to help me. it just doesnt work but i appreciate it anyways xD

1 Like

Does the script not run at all? Have you tried adding a singular print statement to see if it does anything

1 Like

yeah its just not working at all :frowning:

1 Like

im not really experienced with scripting either lol

1 Like

Does anything print before zoneModule?

2 Likes

nope… not sure why. I don’t wanna keep wasting your time but i truly appreciate yalls time helping me. Ill just figure something else out

1 Like

So you set it to a regular script and it still doesn’t work? Perhaps it’s the RunContext? Check what RunContext it is set to. You can check it by clicking on the script and seeing the properties

1 Like

I just checked the runContext. Its at legacy

What the hell
The script is all normal but it doesn’t run AT ALL??
Are you sure there’s no errors in the output or anything interfering with the script ?