How can I make this building look more futuristic?

I’m currently working on a project of a futuristic San Francisco, and I decided to start by building one of the main skyscrapers, the Transamerica Pyramid. However, I’m now stuck in how I can turn it into something a bit more futuristic… any ideas? I’m thinking about adding neons but I have no clue where they would look good and give the vibes I want them to.

I’ve already read this thread, but it didn’t quite help me out with my problem: The Ultimate Guide to Sci-Fi/Modern Building

Pics for reference:

3 Likes

Your model looks almost identical with the real Transamerica pyramid which for me is quite futuristic. There’s not much you can do to improve it since that’s just how it looks in real life. There’s some difference I see from the model though like those “wings” (maybe?) that looks quite different from your current model. The real version have this kind of wedge on both sides making it looks not too sharp and pointy. Your model’s foundation also doesn’t look like the real one which looks like zig-zag triangles. And for the neon light, if you want it simple maybe just make the windows a little bit glowing. It will make a good lighting effect. But if you want more, maybe take an inspiration from this Burj Khalifa. Overall it’s a good model, I like it, it’s all up to you to make the decision.
image image

Remove a few windows and add more bright lights/coloring, useless panels and maybe a lot more antenna, try to match with a cyberpunk look.

This building looks good! To make it more futuristic, add brighter and more neon colors to it. Nice job on this!