How can I make this forest map more interesting?

I’m quite new to roblox development and I want to know how to make this map more interesting.

current version:

old:

12 Likes

Roblox terrain would fit the borders more, change the terrain colors, water colors, and trees to make it look better.

4 Likes

how do I change the colours of the terrain

You can manage the terrain colors inside the terrain section in the workspace.

2 Likes

Definitely need more tree size/color/shape variation. The best forest scenery in games use at least 3-5 different variations. Looks good though, keep up the good work!

5 Likes

this better?

1 Like

A little bit of lighting would be better (Atmosphere and Clouds)

You can check this article: Post-Processing Effects | Roblox Creator Documentation :+1:

2 Likes

I’d say that you should add boulders and different sizes in trees and probably add more variant and colors to the rock borders.

4 Likes

this good? (I was experimenting with the effects before but had them in server storage temporarily)

3 Likes

Yes, over there I see that the environment feels a little different like the 1st image

2 Likes

Are these colours good?

4 Likes

Yep I think the variation does a lot. If you walk into a forest no two trees will look the same.

1 Like

I’ll offer a little bit different advice: forests can’t grow grass. You have grass by the trees but not in the clearing. It would actually be the opposite. Too much shade attracts ferns and other plants.

Add rocks, moss, and dirt, and it will feel a lot more foresty!

4 Likes

Change the variation of the trees, make smaller ones, bigger ones, different angles, etc. There’s a plugin specifically designed for variation that you can use too:
Plugin: Brushtool 2.1 - Roblox
Documentation: Brushtool 2.0 Plugin: Clone and place models onto your map with ease

I suggest you to add more tree variations and some foilage as well, like mushrooms, rocks etc. You can also add a fog(located in lighting properties) to make the map more “Creepy”.

1 Like

Maybe a little more greenery? :smiley:

2 Likes

I think other plants, like a bush or something here and there might help.

1 Like

you need more foliage, ground life, variation in trees, hills, bumps, valleys, etc

2 Likes

The trees are all the same and same size and rotation you can use the brush tool plugin to make all the trees different size, and rotation also use different types of trees. Also decorations like bushes rocks and stuff look good too

Edit: to find good decorations you can use a free model by Roblox called forest pack, it has lots of realistic trees and decorations

maybe it’s make this forest map, other plants more interesting just there might be help find decorations