How can I make this game successful?

Hello, fellow Roblox Developers and players. The name’s Hash. Exactly one year ago today I released a game titled “Medieval Legends”, this game saw up to 300 players at its peak during release. In April of this year, I introduce a game-changing update in which we completely revamped the game’s maps, User-Interfaces, Sounds, Weapons, and all the small details!

This, in turn, made the game a lot more efficient, lag-free, and well made. However, this time during our advertisement campaign. We were not as lucky, the game only saw around 100 players at its peak however we invested the same amount of Robux into ads (approximately 200k). As heartbreaking as this was for me, I’d like to know why this game may not have been successful now considering all the improvements we made.

Why did we not see as many players, why would people not want to play the game for long periods of time? How can we improve it: Add destroyable items such as barrels, light posts, etc?

For the record,

Pictures of the game at release

Taken from GravyCatMan’s YT video (I Became The STRONGEST KNIGHT to Fight the MAX LEVEL BOSS! | Roblox Medieval Legends - YouTube)

Advertisements Used

Advertisements used at release:

Advertisements used after update:

How the game looks now - (🍃SPRING UPD!) Medieval Legends ⚔️ - Roblox

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to read this or give me feedback, much appreciated. :heart:

Constantly make updates, make the ad/game look fun or interesting to get the players attention

2 Likes

Could I please see both ads that you advertised? That would help me a bit more.

My question for you is, how can I make it more fun? I’ve already added NPCs that players can kill for rewards to make the game more interactive. What else can I do to make it fun?

Yep! I’ve attached the advertisements under the “Ads” section below “Pictures of the game at release.” Feel free to check em’ out!

Add special effects or make something look cool that will give the player the attention .

We’ve already added custom ranks above players so they stand out, but we could do that! Feel free to checkout the current version of the game so you get a better feel of what I’m asking.

Oh didn’t see that- Thanks.

I am not completely sure why, but try adding a Code Like “Use code RELEASE for 1000 free gems!”

1 Like

We already did that at release and have done that now using a different code. Thanks though!

Did you put it on the Ad? Because I didn’t see a code.

I don’t think that will make a significant difference, our ads did relatively well as they had a CTR of over 1% on average. I believe the main issue is with the main game structure and gameplay, hence my questions.

Hm, So whats the main question now?

You only lost 50% of your peak, you should be fine :wink:

Could just because someone with another game of generic simulations stole your playerbase, or simply because people thought your game was fun at first, but now they find it bland.

1 Like

These were my main questions, I am looking for thoughts or answers on these. “ Why did we not see as many players, why would people not want to play the game for long periods of time? How can we improve it: Add destroyable items such as barrels, light posts, etc?

That’s true haha, but now I’m debating whether I should invest in the game buy introducing quests, new destroyable items, new portal map, and a few new weapons, etc! Or just ditch it and label it a failure.

Oh alright, well one of the first things that I noticed is the UI, in the first release, it was more stylized, now its more- plain. I’d recommend fixing that.

One of my ideas is just bringing a lot of events and sales. That can attract more people to join especially if they can get limited items or even be able to afford things.

1 Like

Well that’s very intelligent actually, “game factories” like Big games they introduce something, advertise a chunk and then a few months later launches their newest creation and ditch the old ones.

However, in my opinion, as long as the game made you somewhat around a few hundred thousands, it is a success.
You can’t expect things to live forever, right?

1 Like