How can I prevent and image overlapping from it's parent frame?

Howdy! How can I prevent this from overlapping?
Screenshot 2023-02-11 at 17.03.18

Any help is appreciated!

I think this probably belongs in #help-and-feedback:art-design-support, but is it an image label or is it a viewport frame? If it’s an image you will need to cut out the corners in an image editor. If it’s a viewport you could probably rotate the viewport by 45 degrees, size it accordingly, and then rotate the camera’s CFrame by 45 degrees on the X or Z axis

thank you for pointing that out!

and yes it is an imagelabel

In that case you’d probably need to cut out the corners via photoshop or similar, although you might be able to get the desired result using a UICorner because the border is pretty thick. But if that doesn’t work then yeah, afaik you’d have to take the manual approach and cut it out unfortunately.

1 Like

Screenshot 2023-02-11 at 17.18.06
using a uicorner on the image actually helped! thanks a lot!

(replied to wrong post lol)

@DevCanny, you know what, I just remembered CanvasGroups exist and can do exactly this and can make it work properly regardless of how thick the border is:

You just need to make the image have the negative rotation of its enclosing CanvasGroup and size it at something like 1.414, 0, 1.414, 0, set AnchorPoint to 0.5, 0.5, and set position to 0.5, 0, 0.5, 0

rotatedImage.rbxl (45.3 KB)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.