How can i protect my game from rule-breakers?

so in my game, i let players paint whatever they want.

the problem is: i have no way of determining if a painting is inappropriate or not. there’s literally no algorithm for something like that.

i thought of adding a report system, where players can report paintings, but even then there’s no automod that would be able to do something. i would have to manually check every reported painting in my spare time.

in the past, roblox allowed developers to “get away” with this by placing the blame onto the players instead of the developers. i am grateful that the certain parties in a certain game are gone for good because of that change, but now i have no way of letting players play freely.

the painting is apart of the game in order to finish the parkour. so ideas like “hide other paintings” doesnt work. i’d like to support a modcall feature but who would actually wanna do that for free? and not abuse their power? probably nobody.

im open to suggestions.

You can make system that will automatically ban player like for a hour when player gets enough reports from other players or you can make vote to kick/ban system, but both systems can be abused. As you written, you dont want to make mod system because they will abuse their power, for that you can make ban appealation system. Also you can make ticket system where players send proofs then you can hire someone to review them.

2 Likes

Yea something like this is really hard to control, the best way is a votekick system…
But I suggest you limit the player controls, l suggest something like lines limit, or maybe only paint in some allowed colors. I think its also fit for your game as a pakour game tho im not really sure.

1 Like