How can I seen or plugin idea is not already made

I have searched the whole Dev forum and market place of my plugin idea is not already made but it is very difficult how can I be sure or my idea is not already been made

How can I prevent my idea by tell about it and ask or someone have already seen it

It’s so I has made an plugin I was sure nobody has made it but it was made already so all works was for nothing

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ IT

IM NOT SURE IF THIS IS THE CORRECT CATEGORY PLS TELL IT ME IF NOT IF YOU ARE AN MODERATORS PLS MOVE IT TO THE CORRECT CATEGORY

3 Likes

Apart from basic research into the Roblox Creator Marketplace, there isn’t realistically any way to know if your idea for a plugin has been created by someone else before, but I don’t think this should hold you back. If you think the idea is new and hasn’t been done before, think about it and decide if its something that you think others would want. If it is something that has been created before, then try and think of ways to improve upon it and provide a better tool for developers.

Plus even if its been done before, unless you knowingly copy features from the other plugin 1:1 there’s nothing that other developer can do. You cant copyright an idea, only the execution of it.

4 Likes

Can I publish the plugin without any working and then share my idea is it save then

I would recommend to at least create your plugin before sharing your idea. The last thing you will want is someone making a similar thing with your idea and releasing it before you. As long you are not directly copying someone plugin or work you should be fine.

First make a working prototype, then go and tell the idea.
If you are afraid that it will be stolen, then, well, you better make that plugin and release it quickly.

I know you have bad english because you’re from the netherlands, but I will try my best to explain how you can see if a plugin idea is made, I am also wanting this question, but

Tip №1
You can look around everywhere related to plugins, the creator marketplace, the developer forums, anywhere where roblox plugins can be sold

Tip №2
if you have taken an idea, then you can add more features to match someone’s needs as everyone can have different needs for a plugin, but if you didn’t take a plugin’s code, don’t worry, you can’t copyright an idea, only the assets can be copyrighted

irrelevant but speaking of "copyright an idea"

An Clean Up Roblox owner named FabulousTrophies said that if you don’t credit the game in your game like Clean Up Roblox, they will take it down, but people got mad at him for not knowing how copyright law works, then Trophies realised what he did and said that they will only take down the game if it uses assets from Clean Up Roblox

Tip №3
the moderators doesn’t move topics to the correct category oftentimes, but I do believe #help-and-feedback:platform-usage-support is the right category, #development-discussion is a chaotic category