How can i separate Mirrored Models in blender

I recently created my first human model to be able to test new features in roblox studio. But as we know R15 Humanoids need their separate parts to be able to move

I created my model in blender using the mirror modifier and then I separated it using >Separate > Selection

And now i cant separate each side of the model, i select its left arm, both are selected and i believe that when i import to roblox it will not be right.
The question is:
How do I separate the sides of the model?

1 Like

Hi!

You’re able to seperate them by applying the modifier, then going into “edit mode”, select one side and then press “p”, and then seperate by selection

1 Like

looks like it didn’t work.
What do you mean when you say: “able to seperate them by applying the modifier” ??

1 Like

let me try to explain it in a more simple way

1. go into edit mode
  2. make sure nothing is selected
  3. press L while hovering over one side
  4. press P and then press “Selection”
    blender_LWWofzZ79M
    then the mesh should separate into two parts
    blender_6N7QcpUKWm
3 Likes

for the future if for some reason pressing L selects more than you need then i advise you to just manually select the stuff you need :grin: i wish you luck

sorry for delay on response, but…

got the same problem, when i select one side, both are selected

1 Like

Apply the mirror modifier first, it should work then.

2 Likes

it still doesn’t work, does it have to do with the version of blender I’m using?
(act 3.2.0)

what happened after you applied mirror? is it the same?

what do you mean by applying mirror? all models are already mirrored

1 Like

Go to the modifier tab and look for the mirror modifier, press the arrow (it should be at the top right), and press apply.

1 Like

it worked, thank you guys!
also thanks to @StickVerts

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.