How can I set speed at spawn?

Hello, so I am trying to make “Get Faster Every Second” type game. I know I am going to get a lot of hate in this post but oh well. However, I was wondering how I can make it so at spawn, the player’s walkspeed is stuck at 50 and when they go off spawn their speed will go back to what their stats is. I am just trying to figure out how to make it so the player’s speed is locked at spawn so the player doesn’t go flying off at spawn. If you know anything that can stop this, please let me know, thank you.

You can utilize the TouchEnded event for the SpawnLocation.

spawnLocation.TouchEnded:Connect(function(basePart: BasePart)
    if basePart.Parent then
         local humanoid = basePart.Parent:FindFirstChildWhichIsA("Humanoid")

if not humanoid then
             return
         end

humanoid.WalkSpeed = 16 --// Set this number to whatever the player's stat is.
    end
end)

And finally, you can set the game’s default player WalkSpeed to 50.

1 Like

Sorry uhh, I am not so good at scripting. Should I put this script inside of the part?

If you want a more efficient approach, it is better to use a component based architecture (OOP or ECS) but since you r just staring out, you can paste the script in your part, though keep in mind it is a bad practice if you have many such SpawnLocations, as this breaks the DRY (Don’t Repeat Yourself) principle.

local spawnLocation = script.Parent

spawnLocation.TouchEnded:Connect(function(basePart: BasePart)
    if basePart.Parent then
         local humanoid = basePart.Parent:FindFirstChildWhichIsA("Humanoid")

if not humanoid then
             return
         end

humanoid.WalkSpeed = 16 --// Set this number to whatever the player's stat is.
    end
end)
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.