How can I solve these client errors?

I’ve been encountering a lot of client errors recently.

I’m wondering if these errors are my fault or if they’re due to something on the players’ end. I’ve tested my game multiple times and never encountered any of these errors myself. My friends have also tested it without any issues. However, about 20% of the players are experiencing these errors. Does anyone know what’s going on?

These errors look minimal-- are they causing issues in your game?

Failed to load sound: SslConnectFail

• This could be due to network issues on the player’s end, such as firewall or security settings blocking the connection.

Failed to load sound: Invalid place ID

• This error suggests that the sound asset is linked to an invalid place ID. Make sure that the audio IDs are correct and linked to your game. This is because of the audio removal update, and might not be possible to fix if you don’t own it.

Infinite yield possible on WaitForChild

• A script is waiting indefinitely for a child object that may not exist. This could or could not impact gameplay. Depends on what you’re experiencing, and we’ll need to see some code to further debug.

Failed to load sound: HTTP 502 (Bad Gateway)

• A 502 Bad Gateway error typically indicates server issues. It could be a temporary problem with Roblox’s servers. We’d need to know the source of the error to get more information.

MeshContentProvider failed to process asset because ‘could not fetch’

• This error indicates that a mesh asset could not be retrieved. This could be due to network issues, incorrect asset IDs, or the asset being unavailable. Like the sound loading issues, make sure you OWN the mesh.

Failed to load sound: Unable to download sound data

• Refer to previous sound errors.

Failed to load sound: Timed out

• This indicates a timeout when trying to load a sound file, which could be due to slow network connections or server issues.
2 Likes

Looks like the SslConnectFail has been reported before. Might be beneficial to post about it on the thread.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply! I actually have no idea if these errors cause any issues because I can’t reproduce them. So it must be something on the side of the player.