How can I stop awarding points to AFK players?

In a game that I’m creating you earn 50 points each minute. My system won’t award a player if they aren’t WindowFocused but that still leaves me with a few problems. Players can just go AFK while leaving the Roblox game window open. So I thought about detecting if the player moved, chatted, or moved their mouse but that can still be abused by auto clickers/auto hotkeys. I’m really stumped on this, it would be awesome if you guys could leave some suggestions :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There’s really not much you can do about auto hotkeys and auto clickers considering they are controlling the player’s computer as that player would.

1 Like

Have an auto kicker that kicks people who use autoclicker, that might work, and everything now and then have an ‘are you afk’ button you can press yes on.

1 Like

That’s a good idea, I could also make it to where the UI doesn’t pop up in the same spot each time so auto clickers can’t bypass. Thanks for the idea :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Another way is to open your phone stopwatch or a stopwatch on PC and quickly start and stop. Make it as fast as you can like clicking a mouse rapidly. Do it several times and have it when after they click, check if they click any more times after that within the cool down time which is the lowest time score you can get on the stopwatch. ( I got 18 milliseconds) that can also help against those who try opening multiple auto clickers and have them all click at certain locations to bypass what you have wanted to implement above (as in having the gui to pop up all over the place)

1 Like

The issue with this is that you can make/use a program that might click/jump/open chat every 18 minutes, then your solution wouldn’t work. plz no judge but I’ve done this before and it bypassed some anti-AFK script.

3 Likes