How can you create a "Shirt" Instance, with or without ApplyDescription and then tell that the "Shirt" Instance belongs to the HumanoidDescription?

How can you give yourself any Image as a Shirt with ApplyDescription or create a Shirt Instance and connect it with HumanoidDescription, in order so that ApplyDescription, doesn’t create a new Shirt and instead detects the custom created Shirt.

I haven’t found a way, to do something like HumanoidDescription.Shirt = <CUSTOM IMAGE ID>, then using ApplyDescription, and then actually receiving a Shirt that holds the ID I provided.

It would instead say Humanoid::ApplyDescription() Failed to load Shirt, default applied and give me this here Roblox_Purple_Shirt - Roblox instead.

I am NOT looking for a solution that gives a character a custom non-catalog shirt by manually creating a Shirt Instance, that then “ApplyDescription” has no clue about.

The only thing it accepts are assets with the type “Shirt”. It doesn’t even do “Shirt Image”.
The problematic thing with this, is that “ApplyDescription” creates its own “Shirt”, that only the Roblox game seems to know about and that this created “Shirt” Instance belongs to the “HumanoidDescription”.

If I would change the Shirt ID with a valid one, it would replace the pre-existing “Shirt” instance, that was created through “ApplyDescription”, with the Shirt ID.

However, if I would manually create a “Shirt” Instance and put it inside the character, and then use “ApplyDescription” with a valid Shirt ID. It would then create a new Shirt, unless one was created by “ApplyDescription” already, but then it would just replace that one.

This makes it not possible to use ApplyDescription with shirts that were customly put inside the player’s character.

So I was wondering, if there’s a way to resolve this issue. Is there a way, to create a Shirt and link it to the HumanoidDescription, so that if “ApplyDescription” gets used with a valid ID, that it would replace the custom given shirt with the new one, instead of it creating a new Shirt Instance?

1 Like

Seems like that apparently once you were able to put anything in the HumanoidDescription, to even give yourself a Model as a shirt or something. https://devforum.roblox.com/t/feedback-required-for-potential-humanoiddescription-change/478761

But this is restricting waaay too much. I want to be able to give Images as shirts, because that works for the “Shirt” Instance itself. But not with “ApplyDescription”

I don’t want to do it without ApplyDescription, unless there’s a way to tell the HumanoidDescription, that whenever ApplyDescription gets used again, that it should use the custom created Shirt Instance, instead of it creating a new one.

It causes compability issues, for those that use ApplyDescription vs. the ones that manually create a Shirt and put it inside the player’s character. There’s nothing that bridges both of these things together.

The purpose of manually creating a Shirt and putting it inside the character, is to give yourself a Shirt with a custom image.

The purpose of HumanoidDescription is to kinda tell what kind of stuff the character has, and then you can modify it and re-apply the description. As example to change the head mesh.

However, what it can’t do is give you Images on Shirts, Pants, Face and I am not sure about T-Shirt.

I think HumanoidDescription should be changed, so that anything that will end up as a image, so correspondingly, “Shirt Image”, “Pants Image”, and whatever. Whichever property will end up with giving something with the Asset Type 1, should also allow Asset Type 1, instead of only Shirt only allowing asset type 11.

1 Like