How can you make a house that is small from outside but bigger inside than the house itself?

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    I want to do this
    , I have discovered it thanks to @Egomoose and just want to understand the principle to try to do it.

2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!

Have no idea how I could do it (I’m not so good with CFrames)

1. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
    I look for solutions on the Developer Hub, but dont find my answer

I just want to understand the principle, not the whole code of course.

4 Likes

Re-Creating a Portal Effect, Can help you.

3 Likes

In the solution the link does shows a video by egmoose of a possible solution but not the solution itself. I have DM’d him to see if we can get a copy of his suggested solution.

1 Like

Egomoose used a portal effect as suggested by @GoldyyDev - you can tell this when he zooms out 2 seconds in and it apparently looks like hes lost quality in his video but its actually a viewportframe projecting the two images on either side that it sees.

Its not CFrames and its unfortunately very technical and mathematically but fortunately EgoMoose shows how here:

And offers you these two rbxl files which essentially does exactly what your asking. Position it correctly and you’ll have a fully functioning bigger on the inside effect.

Wormholes.rbxl (129.1 KB)

portal physics.rbxl (34.5 KB)

Its an easy concept when you understand how its done and if you need help using the above feel free to message me or reply here.

Also you may want to consider memory management when using the above files, Only include in the “World” things that you can physically see in a specific room else you’ll use three times as much memory then you’ll need to in your game as the viewport frames try to render in the entire map.

3 Likes

It’s worth noting that what you described is something called non-euclidean space. You can use this term as a grounds to continue researching the concept behind it.

This is not currently achievable in Roblox without hacking it together, however there are several threads and showcases of these hacks performed to achieve different effects.

3 Likes

@EgoMoose actually made the portal concept into an open source game:
https://www.roblox.com/games/3638523142/Teleportation-portal-demo?refPage

You’ll have to figure out by yourself which scripts and objects go where for it to work, but it is possible to customise it for your own needs.

4 Likes