How can you make a system similar to this?

Hello,
Over the past few moths I have stumbled across this new system “Staff Tip” and I was wondering how does this system work.

What is a Staff Tip System? A Staff Tip System is a way where customers can donate in-game currency or robux to other players in-game.

e.g. Kohaú Hibachi Restaurant (and many more famous Cafe/Restaurant Games)

I have tried in the past to make something similar but had no success so I tried to search on the DevForum for any clues. (didn’t have succcess). So I decided to make this post to see if someone could help me better understand the “logic” behind the system.

:pencil2: EDIT:

Thanks to the people below, I have found an answer to my question and I have already started my work towards this project!

:eyes: I may make this open source once I finish!

Thanks

1 Like

They are just developer products that you purchase and basically get nothing in return (hence it being called a donation), here is some more information on developer producst:

1 Like

Maybe this is like PLS DONATE which picks gamepasses/shirts/pants that the user has for sale, and lets everybody buy them ingame.

1 Like

Hello,
thank you for taking the time to view and answer my post. What I am searching about is a system that allows a “Guest” to donate robux to the player “a Staff Member” via the game.

Oh I might have understood the question wrong, if its a player to player donation then these are definitely not developer products (since developer products go to the games owner), but yeah you’d just allow players to put their creations on sale within your game, basically what @bluebxrrybot described

You would need to enable 3rd party sales within your games settings for this to work though!

I stumbled upon this post a little bit ago, this could help you!

1 Like

Hello,
I just remembered I watched a video from TwinPlayz_YT a couple months ago and he explained how PLS Donate’s system worked. Thank you for reminding me!

1 Like

Hello,
Thank you for providing this devforum post, I will check it out!

1 Like

Thank you everyone for helping me out on this!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.